HomeAboutBlog Design

October 14, 2012

My Musical Class

This class is so funny!  I love how they spontaneously burst into song.  It can be a real pick-me-up.

Take Friday for instance.

I wasn't feeling very well.  (well?  good?  I'll never figure those two out!  GRR!)

I've had this cold/sinus thing going on for three weeks now.  Got a prescription antibiotic about midweek but it's not kicked in yet.  So on Friday I felt like doo-doo and thought I'd get a sub.

HA!  With seven subs for preschool through 6th grade (that's 24+ teachers) I had a better chance of getting my tonsils removed on my dining room table.  Top it off with the fact that I don't have a book of sub notes on my special little guy and you can probably guess what happened.

I ended up having the principal sub for me going in and toughing it out.  (I'd probably have better luck with the tonsils again than the principal.  Will your principal sub for you?)

So with jackhammer sinus headache reverberating in my skull and every little noise setting off the jackhammer headache, I set out to teach to the best of my ability.

It wasn't a day I'm overly proud of but I know there are teachers who do less on their best days sadly.

I whispered as much as I could to keep the drilling headache on low and my class thought it was a game.  They love it when I sing so I sang some questions/directions in funny whisper voices.  Game on!

And then, probably because I was just way off a tad off I forgot to sing the "Name on Your Paper" song.  So they began to softly sing it.  It was so cute.  Those angelic voices!  In spite of feeling like something a dog dropped in the backyard or the cat left in the litterbox, I was smiling.  It made my whole day folks.

I thought I'd share this little tune.  I'm not sure if you have your kiddos do the same kind of thing on their papers, but if so you can grab it by clicking on the picture below.  Or maybe you could tweak it to fit your needs.  I have a lot less no name papers because my little peanuts will sing this as they write their names on their papers with or without me. :)


4 comments :

  1. Oh how precious! I really need to do more singing in my classes; thanks for the reminder.
    Hope you're feeling better now :-)

    Teacher Kirra:Maestra Kirra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad that you make the effort to integrate music into other areas of learning, and encourage your students' musical tendencies! It's so important as a lifelong creative pursuit. Music teachers will love you for this! And, hope you're feeling better. ;)

    Jessica
    The Learning Metamorphosis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I've had a sinus/cold/allergy thing going on too. Completely lost my voice. I hope you feel better! And I am definitely going to use that song. My kids can't remember to put their names on their paper for the life of them!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...