HomeAboutBlog Design

October 25, 2011

Writer's Eyes


A while back I found this super cute idea about writer's eyes on Cara Carroll's website. She had a great freebie that I grabbed and mounted on poster board (since I'm out of bulletin board space). I used it at the beginning of the year to begin teaching writing and editing. After a while I needed more. Then Debbie Candau recently blogged about her version of the writer's eyes which incorporated her class mascot. Debbie's freebie included some extras that I wanted to add to mine, but it didn't fit my needs perfectly either. Duh, why don't I create my own to go with my bee theme?! (I've been a little slow lately, but please!) Scrappin Doodles has those adorable buggy-eyed characters that fit the writer's eyes theme perfectly and I had already purchased the bee set of course, so I went to work. According to Debbie's post, Mrs. Phippen is the one who started the writer's eyes craze. She has the cutest board with embroidery hoops made to look like glasses! Debbie is taking the idea up a notch by having her kiddos wear 3D glasses with the lenses punched out...bet the kids LOVE that. (Just what I need...any excuse to see a fun movie. Oh honey, guess what we must do this weekend...and can we write it off as a "business" expense?) If you haven't already, check out these three ladies' fabulous blogs for their incredible versions of writer's eyes (as well as other amazing ideas). I know you'll find one you can't live without or you can whip up your own themed version.

This item now available at my Teacher's Notebook store.

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. These are adorable... Love them!
    Thanks for the shout out too. Good luck collecting the glasses!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Erika! Thanks for hooking me up with more fabulous bloggers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! They were go perfect with my bug theme in my room! Thanks!

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...