HomeAboutBlog Design

September 29, 2011

Noun Alphabet

Our next noun activity was to brainstorm a noun for each letter of the alphabet. Each child drew and labeled a couple of nouns using a portion of this form. This available on my Teacher's Notebook store.

After everyone was done we sorted the pictures by whether it was a noun that named a person, place, thing, or animal. Each set of nouns was mounted on a separate color of paper. It was interesting to hear the kids' talking about the noun "nest". Did it name a place or a thing? Love those discussions!








They loved this activity! Stay tuned to see what I am going to do with these noun squares next!



1 comment :

  1. Such a cute idea. I just posted a compound word lesson idea and giveaway on my blog. Pop on by.

    Denise

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for filling my bucket!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...